BIPOC EMDR Basic Training
October 14-16, 2022 – Weekend 1
November 11-13, 2022 – Weekend 2
Attendance at the entire program is required for CE Credit. No partial credit will be awarded.
Single Payment $1,3000.00
Two Payments: $1,360.00
(Coupon for students after verification. Associates/Students must not be licensed)
Space is limited
Small class size for the optimum learning experience
Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm PDT
Saturday: 8:30am-4:30pm PDT
Sunday: 8:30am-4:30pm PDT
- Two full weekends of EMDR Basic Therapy Training
- Five, two-hour group consultations
- Access to our online portal (through Kajabi) with downloadable resources, including AEI’s EMDR Manual.
Professionals can obtain their Continuing Education Credits by clicking on the web link. www.aei4you.org
APA: Advanced Education Institute (AEI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. AEI maintains responsibility for this program and its content. 42 hours of CE credit are available for attendees who are present for the entire program.
More about this training…
This is the complete EMDR Basic Training approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA), formerly known as Level I and Level II, including an additional 10 hours on consultation. Participants will learn the EMDR psychotherapy approach, the basic eight-phase EMDR protocol, the Adaptive Information Processing Model, and how to incorporate EMDR into your practice. This course will consist of didactic presentations, demonstrations, supervised practicum, and case consultations. Participants must attend the full training and five 2-hour consultation groups to receive a certificate of completion in EMDR Basic Training. If other dates or times are needed to make up for the consultation hours, attendees can either schedule separate consultation times with the trainer (or any EMDRIA approved consultant with prior approval of the trainer) at the attendee’s cost. Approval of partial programs will not be granted.
Each attendee must attend five 2-hour group consultations in addition to the training sessions. The cost of consultation is included with the training. Group consultations are conducted by a video conference call via Zoom. An access link will be emailed to you along with instructions for first time users.
Required Group Consultation Sessions
Day of the Week: Wednesday
Weekend 1 :
Time: September 28, 2022 12:00 pm-2:00pm Pacific Time
Time: October 5, 2022 12:00 pm-2:00pm Pacific Time
Weekend 2 :
Time: October 26, 2022 12:00 pm-2:00pm Pacific Time
Time: November 2, 2022 12:00 pm-2:00pm Pacific Time
Time: November 9, 2022 12:00 pm-2:00pm Pacific Time
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, Third Edition, by Francine Shapiro, PhD
Upon completion of weekend one, participants will be able to:
- List 3 components of the EMDR Therapy Approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients.
- Identify the 8 phases of EMDR therapy.
- Describe how to implement the 8 phases of EMDR therapy with clients.
- List 3 aspects of the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning.
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases.
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy.
Upon completion of weekend two, participants will be able to:
- List 3 strategies to identify and effectively resolve identified problem areas in the utilization of EMDR therapy.
- Describe the protocol for closing down an incomplete EMDR session.
- Identify 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients.
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment.
- List 5 strategies for dealing with highly emotional client responses.
- Identify 3 clear strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms.
Registrants canceling up to 72 hours before the training will receive a tuition refund less a $75.00 administrative fee. No refund for less than 72 hours cancellation. A $25.00 service charge applies to each returned check.
Effective 12/31/07, EMDR training will no longer be split into Level I and Level II. There will only be the Complete Basic Training (Level I and II combined with 10 hours of consultation included).
If you need more information, please do not hesitate to call: 510-974-0099.
No commercial support and/or conflict of interest exists for this training.
Certificates are awarded online after the workshop. Participants will receive a digital copy of their certificate registering at aei4you.org and completing an evaluation form. The receipt of the certificate can take up to two business da
Who Should Attend
These requirements outline the minimum eligibility requirements to take an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training. Please follow up directly with your EMDRIA Approved Training Provider to inquire about additional eligibility criteria that they may require.
Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Qualifying medical doctors must be licensed to practice in their state or province.
- Qualifying advanced practice registered nurses must have a Master of Science in Nursing (or higher) with a specialization in psychiatric mental health nursing and must be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
- Qualifying Mental Health Clinicians must have a master’s degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
Pre-Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- These are clinicians who are actively pursuing a mental health license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor. Some of these license types include associate, intern, limited, provisional, temporary and pre-license.
- Qualifying pre-licensed mental health clinicians must have a master’s degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and must be actively pursuing a full license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor.
- Qualifying graduate students must be enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Work) or related mental health discipline. Students must have completed their core graduate academic coursework and must be in the practicum/internship portion of their graduate program. First year graduate students are not eligible.Graduate students must be on a licensing track and working under the supervision of a fully licensed mental health clinician.
- Graduate students who would like to take an EMDR Training will need to submit certain documentation (graduate transcript, practicum or internship details, and a letter from their supervisor which includes the supervisor’s license information and number) to verify their eligibility. Students do not need to provide EMDRIA with any documentation unless specifically asked to do so by EMDRIA staff.Any documentation that needs to be submitted would go directly to the training provider either prior to or during the training registration process.